Gutenberg Bible of the Bavarian State Library
The Gutenberg bible of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek is one of 49 surviving copies of this significant printed work. It was acquired from the Benedictine monastery of Andechs in 1803. Entries made by the Benedictine Ulrich Kaegerl von Landau (deceased in 1505) indicate that the bible was originally purchased from the monastery of Tegernsee. The copy has coloured initials and borders. A peculiarity of the Munich copy is the 'tabula rubricarum', a list of the red headlines which were to be crafted by hand after the conclusion of the printing process. The only other surviving copy of this list is held by the Austrian National Library (ÖNB) in Vienna. The Munich copy of the bible was digitised in the autumn of the year 2005 by a team of the Humanities Media Interface Project of the Keio University of Tokyo. The two volumes and the tabula rubricarum are searchable in the electronic catalogue of incunabula BSB Ink online and can be accessed online from there.
->Further information on the project
Realised in cooperation with: Humanities Media Interface Project der Keio-Universität Tokio
showing: 3 of 3 (Time Period 750 - 2015)