Exhibition Catalogues of the Munich
The exhibition catalogues of the years 1869 to 1931, available in the form of digital copies here, document the Munich annual exhibitions and international art exhibitions, which took place in the Munich Glaspalast. The building was erected in 1854 and destroyed by a fire in 1931. The virtual collection was created on the basis of the holdings of the Monacensia Library of the Munich City Library and the Central Institute for the History of Art and comprises more than 14,000 pages, among them numerous illustrations. Many catalogues were published in a variety of circulation numbers and editions, usually in order to take account of additional exhibits and information. The most comprehensive editions of each of the altogether 43 official catalogues have now been made available online via arthistoricum.net or the Digital Library of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek.
Realised in cooperation with: Bibliothek des Zentralinstituts für Kunstgeschichte, München
Realised in cooperation with: Monacensia Bibliothek der Münchner Stadtbibliothek