Data basis: 1.164.320 digitized items
How to use the search
- The Standard Search will find titles and author names; an Extended Search allows a better distinction of criteria and an additional search by call number and year of publication. Activating the option label in the search options will extend the search to the structural information inside of the works such as chapter and illustration tags, containing proper names as well as terms like Miniatur (miniature, thumbnail sketch),
Wappen (coat of arms),
Holzschnitt (woodcut) - using German search terms will bring better results.
- Please pay attention to the specified time frame.
- Enter any letters, numbers or characters, e.g. chinese like 周易 (zhou yi) to search our sinica.
- Use extended search to search for various combinations of terms, e.g. author Dante, title Commedia. If recieving ambiguous hits or too many results, please use short search terms resp. only one word per form field; narrow search by changing the time frame or deactivating non-relevant options.
- The Similarity based image search gives you the opportunity to search inside of more than 5 million images identified automatically from manuscripts, old prints, maps and other works from the holdings of the Bavarian State Libary, published between the 8th and the 20th century.
- Search covers the metadata of 1164320 digitized works, among them more than 100,000 works are covered by the Similarity based image search as well.