Munich Digitization Center (MDZ) - Homepage
Search the Digital Collections
Discover 2,946,287 Digitized Manuscripts, Prints, Music, Maps, Photographs, Newspapers and Magazines, about 99% of them available via .
- Evangeliary of Henry II
- Reichenau Gospel
- Song of the Nibelungs
- Wolfram von Eschenbach‘s Parzival
- Babylonian Talmud
- Ottheinrich Bible
- Gutenberg Bible
- Nuremberg Chronicle of Hartmann Schedel
- Philipp Apian’s 'Große Karte': Preliminary Drawings
- Magnificent Choir Book of Albrecht V
- Sources on the History of the Fugger Family
- Tale of Genji
- Logbook of a Ship of Sir Francis Drake’s Last Voyage
- UNESCO - World Document Heritage
Our Data Services
From the MDZ
The Munich DigitiZation Center (MDZ) has been providing the rich holdings of the Bavarian State Library (BSB) on the Internet since 1997.
It is the central innovation and also production unit of the BSB for developing, testing and implementing new products and processes related to the multifaceted, far-ranging subject of the 'digital library'.
New highlight - The world's documentary heritage
Search on filtered hit lists
A new feature now permits searches while retaining the previous facets. To do this, simply check 'keep active filters' below the search slot after faceting.
Sharing, Tweeting, Posting
The Mirador viewer now allows you to share links to digitized pages via email, on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or WhatsApp.